If you're part of the fast-paced, constantly changing infosec world, you know how important it is to keep yourself informed. Our Weekly Beacon includes the latest Hurricane Labs exclusive content, top information security news from across the web, articles featuring some cool Splunk stuff, and a mishmash of other tech articles. Subscribe and you'll receive a quick and easy email in your inbox every Friday. We also know you don't like spam (we don't either). We'll never share your email address and, if it's really not for you, unsubscribing is easy!
This week Yahoo has been hacked again and is quietly warning affected users about the attack; ransomware attacks are getting more unpredictable and destructive; there is discussion surrounding the idea of a Geneva Convention for cyberwar; and if you're struggling with undersized deployment servers in Splunk you should check out our latest blog post!
- Featured blog post by Ryan O'Connor -
Splunk Answers: Dealing with Undersized Deployment Servers
- Hurricane Labs InfoSec Podcast -
IoT: But y tho?
- Yahoo issues another warning in fallout from hacking attacks
- Yahoo Hacked Once Again! Quietly Warns Affected Users About New Attack
- The Cyberattacks We Don't Hear About But Should
- 'Shock & Awe' Ransomware Attacks Multiply
- Microsoft's president wants a Geneva Convention for cyberwar
- Recent malware attacks on Polish banks tied to wider hacking campaign
- Ransomware attackers shift focus and resources to high-value sectors
- Forget the network perimeter, say security vendors
- Researcher develops ransomware attack that targets water supply
- Ransomware Becoming Bigger Threat for Businesses, Critical Infrastructure
- How To Build A Cybersecurity Strategy For 2017
- Bots And IoT Devices Raise Hacking Risks: Here's How To Protect Yourself
- Watson Joins Cybersecurity Warriors' Ranks
- Machine learning in cybersecurity: what is it and what do you need to know?
- Humans must become cyborgs to survive, says Elon Musk
- IBM Watson: Regular A.I. by day, cybercrime fighter by night
- Ground-breaking robotic arms that could transform your weekly food shop
- Professors build AI to help autonomous vehicles locate themselves on maps
- The 10 Most Cyber-Exposed Cities In The US
Be sure to check out our latest Splunk tutorial to learn how to onboard data in Splunk. Also, our slightly rant-y (yet still positive) "Confessions of a Consumer IoT Skeptic" blog series is worth taking a look at if you like a little tas...Continue reading
As the ransomware problem continues to rise researchers are seeing a pattern in the way attackers are leveraging new targets; discussion is still swirling around the security of connected devices, cars, and homes; it looks like the 2016...Continue reading
This week we've created a blog-screencast tutorial series that may be of interest to Splunk developers looking to learn how to best utilize Custom Endpoints in Splunk, so make sure to check that out. Also, researchers are claiming they c...Continue reading