This week there are a lot of 2017 predictions flying around... Make sure you read up about them to get your bearings and prepare for what lies ahead (and what's going on as we speak).
In case you missed this from the previous Beacon, we've given the sections some upgrades. Check 'em out:
- HL Exclusives is going to feature the latest and greatest Hurricane Labs blogs and screencasts, upcoming events, and other exclusive info.
- InfoSec Headlines will be highlighting the top news articles across the information security world.
- Splunk> Stuff will feature helpful details about the ins and outs of Splunk, with a focus on security.
- SOC Things will be peeking into areas that are relevant to a Security Operations Center (SOC) and what the analysts are keeping an eye out for.
- Miscellaneous is going to be a mishmash of other IT security, tech, and whatever other articles our marketing person decides to put in there...
- Information Security 101: Common Sense or Arcane Magicks? [Part 1]
blog post by Rob Hooven
- Splunk Health Check: Are your forwarders getting too old?
blog post by Jeremy Nenadal
- 2017 To Bring More Ransomware, IoT DDoS Attacks, And SCADA Incidents
- Internet Of Things (IoT) Outlook For 2017
- 17 Top Enterprise Tech Trends For 2017 And This Year's CES
- FTC sets $25,000 prize for automatic IoT patching
- Update -- Hacker Claims to Have Hacked the FBI, But It Wasn't
- Verizon-Yahoo Deal On The Ropes - Is Cyber Security Killing Deals?
- Attackers can make it impossible to dial 911
- Warning not to spend IT security cash on the wrong things
- Hacker To Make Amends By Bolstering Victim's Cybersecurity
- See what Splunk can do for you!
The Art of the Possible: Explore the Possibilities
- Check out this Splunk for Security blog:
How Splunk Can Help You Prevent Ransomware From Holding Your Business Hostage
- What's holding you back?
Try Splunk for Free!
- Why Ransomware Is Only Going To Get Worse
- Ransomware Has Evolved, And Its Name Is Doxware
- This Crazy Ransomware Restores Your Files If You Read About Ransomware
- 7 Ways To Make Yourself Hack-Proof
- Be Prepared: The Top 'Social Engineering' Scams Of 2017
- Kaspersky antivirus exposed users to traffic-interception attacks
- Google Patches Android for 90 Vulnerabilities in January Update
- Someone Hijacking Unsecured MongoDB Databases for Ransom
- Artificial intelligence seen as a key technology to enable better balancing of UK's energy market
- Debunking Nagging Myths About AI and Customer Experience
- Anti-surveillance clothing blocks security cameras’ facial-recognition software
- Deleted Data Is Still There, On Your Disk
- Lenovo Surprises With Home Tech Play