Is ransomware the biggest threat in cybersecurity right now? Which side of the "to pay, or not to pay" argument do we land on? What does the future of ransomware look like? How do enterprises and users avoid this malicious software that locks down their critical business data?
Articles of reference:
- A Short History & Evolution of Ransomware
- Ransomware is now the biggest cybersecurity threat
- LA Hospital Hit By Ransomware Pays Hackers $17,000: Is It The Right Choice?
- FBI Reaffirms Stance Not to Pay Ransomware Attackers
- Canary in the ransomware mine
- Cisco Talos Blog - Ransomware: Past, Present, and Future
- Cryptoworms: The future of ransomware hell