At Splunk .conf 2018 I was fortunate to have the opportunity to compete in the Boss of the NOC event with my peers Steve...Read More
Splunk was founded in 2003 with the purpose to: “Make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone.” This platform provides a way for your organization to collect, search, monitor, analyze, visualize, and act upon volumes of real-time data.
Splunk empowers IT and business users to turn machine data into actionable, operational intelligence. Its versatility makes Splunk flexible and easily moldable to fit your unique environment. Splunk's scalability also enables you to work with any amount, source, and location of your data. Other benefits include:
- Splunk’s search and investigation capabilities make it comparable to working as a ‘Google’ for your logs
- Proactive monitoring and alerting give this technology an edge that helps your team stay ahead of the game
- Real-time business insight, among other features, empower quick discovery and decision-making
Splunk addresses a wide array of issues and can alleviate many of the challenges your enterprise is facing right now. Here are a variety of reasons you should start leveraging Splunk ASAP:
- Overwhelmed by massive amounts of data
- Lacking infrastructure capable of collecting, analyzing, and evaluating data
- Inability to integrate and correlate across different systems
- Challenge with disparate collaboration and communication
- Missing alerts or information to provide extensive context and value
- Struggling with manual processes that are bogging your team down
Splunk Enterprise Security provides proactive security monitoring and forensics, delivered through a centralized view. This enterprise-class product will ingest data and deliver powerful insights to help boost our security. Across any and all use cases, Splunk allows for quick threat assessment, incident analysis, valuable log source correlation, and detection and response capabilities.
There’s a difference between traditional, simple log management and innovative, powerful security information and event management (SIEM) platforms. Splunk helps bridge that gap. Not only does this scalable software allow your team to collect massive amounts of log data, it also has the capabilities to go above and beyond into the world of SIEM. Splunk has the edge on other SIEM tools with it’s flexibility. With an ever-growing library of apps and add-ons, this customizable software is the smart choice for an ever-changing landscape.
With our Managed Splunk Services and Managed Security Services (Managed Splunk + 24x7 SOC), Hurricane Labs is able to focus your environment and help you achieve your Splunk and security goals. By starting with the end in mind, we help you boost your security posture, filter out the noise, gain real-time insights, and help you use Splunk successfully.
It can be frustrating when you lack the time, energy, staff, and/or resources to deal with alerts generated by the controls that you’ve invested in and pull it all together to get the visibility you’re looking for across your environment. It’s time to do Splunk your way and we’ll help you get what you want out of it.
If you're looking for something different than the typical "one-size-fits-all" security mentality, you've come to the right place.