Hurricane Labs is proud to announce the release of the AppInspect App for Splunk!
AppInspect currently comes in two delicious flavors: the CLI or API. The CLI has always been the easiest since we can just run it on the command line, no fuss. However, the CLI is not always up to date with the API, which can cause some headaches if you want to ensure that you’re running the latest and greatest AppInspect. This poses an interesting question:
Why not just build an app in Splunk that would allow you to inspect your Splunk app through a simple user interface?
Here is our answer: the AppInspect App for Splunk. You can download it right now from Splunkbase – this very second! The goal of this app is to try and ease the process of inspecting your apps.
Initial App Features:
- Being able to log in to your splunk.com account through the app
- Easy drag and drop interface (or click and choose for you old school kids)
- Optionally choose to email a copy of the report to yourself
Steps To Use
- Log in to your splunk.com account through the app.
2. Drag and drop your tarball.
3. Optionally enter your email address.
4. Let it do its thing.
5. Download your report!
Upcoming App Features:
- PDF email attachments (currently only supports HTML attachments)
- Option to choose tags through UI (currently only supports 'cloud', 'self-service', and 'appapproval')
There aren’t a ton of features yet, since this is an initial version of the app. You may also encounter some bugs. Either way, if you do run into a problem, or have a feature request, drop us a line at email@example.com and we’ll be glad to help.